Join us for a presentation that is only available to listeners of The Executive Version of or program. Other listeners do not get to hear a show of this caliber normally, so this week, we are offering something special to listeners who have made it clear they want to invest in a higher quality product. And with that in mind, we bring you The Executive Version. For those special clientele.
There’s a bit of a party going on during this show. This is the kind of special atmosphere we create when we are assembling this program, a feature that is only available to those listeners who subscribe to The Executive Version of program. And where else would you get these kinds of corrections to the patent lies that were said on broadcast radio? For example:
- The song was by Tärr, not Cornelius F. Van Stafrin III.
- While O-Type was was essentially MX-80 performing under a different name, this record was actually MX-80 performing a song called O-Type.
- Some jokes from 2013 – about a certain social media platform – may have aged a little poorly in the last few years, considering a tendency toward claiming things are “fake news.” With that in mind, consider this selection a snapshot of a simpler time in the past, when such a joke wasn’t horrifying and the beginning of the end times, as it were.
- Not all of the material in this show came from a record, as stated in several times throughout. I have added * asterisks to the tracks that were not from Vinyl Records. Two (2) asterisks such as ** have been added to indicate bonus content not available during the live broadcast.
These kinds of inaccuracies are usually included in most broadcasts you hear on the radio, but for listeners of The Executive Version, you get these corrections, free of charge. It’s just one of the many ways that this program is better than the one being heard by everyone else.
So much so that there are bonus moments to The Executive Version that are only available on the podcast. Because the only thing more exclusive than something only a special audience can hear is having added bonuses for those who pay a little more.
The Executive Version
Part I: Headlines
* 01.) Austin FM Theme * Paco Jones * Austin FM Theme * Self-Released (2016)
02.) The Executive Version * Monty Python * The Album Of The Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail * Charisma / Arista Records
03.) My Prayer * Lionel Hampton * Golden Vibes
04.) I Yam What I Yam * Robin Williams & Harry Nillson * The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack for Popeye
05.) Erie Canal * Oscar Brand * Bawdy Songs & Backroom Ballads Vol. 2 * Audio Fidelity Records
06.) Headlines * George Carlin * On The Road * Atlantic Records
* 07.) The Facebook Fiction Initiative * Austin Rich * The Facebook Fiction Initiative * 21 June 2013
Part II: Leisurely Waiting
08.) The Blob * The Five Blobs * “The Blob” b/w “Saturday Night in Tiajuana” * Columbia Records
09.) Martian Melody * The Martian Band * “Flying Saucer The 2nd” b/w “Martian Melody” * L’Universe Records
* 10.) Leisurely Waiting * Debris * Static Disposal * Anopheles Records
11.) Linda Wants To Be Alone * Gary Wilson * Mary Had Brown Hair * Stone’s Throw Records
* 12.) I Been Refused * Devo * Hardcore Devo Vol. 2 * Warner Bros. Records
13.) Springtime For Hitler * Henry Mancini * The Big Latin Band of Henry Mancini * RCA Victor Records
* 14.) “Baseball” Excerpt: Barbershop Quartet Warning * Jesse Thorn * The Sound Of Young America * maximumfun.org
* 15.) Phonograph Records * Mars Production * Mars Production Library CK-713 * Mars Records
16.) Space/Time Continuum: “Heaven And Hell, Part I” * Vangelis * The Music of Cosmos * RCA Records
* 17.) Smile Awhile * Michael Yonkers Band * Microminiature Love * Sub Pop Records
Part III: In 3-D!
* 18.) Pacific Radio Fire * Austin Rich * Senior Citizens * 27 March 2006
19.) The Announcement * Monty Python * The Album Of The Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail * Charisma / Arista Records
20.) Them From “Helen Of Troy” * Les Baxter * 7″
21.) I Hate The 90’s * Rodney And The Tube Tops * 7″
22.) U-Stink-But-I-(Heart)-U * Billy And The Boingers * “I’m A Boinger” b/w “U-Stink-But-I-(Heart)-U” 7″
23.) Nature Trail To Hell (In 3-D) * “Weird A” Yankovic * In 3-D
** 24.) Elmira * Austin Rich * Senior Citizens * 27 March 2006
Part IV: Signal Processor Failure
25.) Let’s Do The Pretzel * Mad “Twists” Rock ‘n’ Roll * Big Top Records
26.) Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron * The Royal Guardsmen * 7″
27.) Tiptoe Through The Tuplips * Tiny Tim * 7″
28.) Signal Processor Failure / Why We Are Lazy * Men’s Recovery Project * Make A Baby EP * Vermiform Records
* 29.) Mole Machine * Simply Saucer * Cyborgs Revisited * Get Back Records
* 30.) Embraceable You * Ornette Coleman * The Best of Ornette Coleman * Atlantic Records
Part V: Hurricane
* 31.) Barber Shop * Mars Production * Mars Production Library CK-713 * Mars Records
32.) metalized excitements of our shared dreams of technology [Excerpt] * Tärr * Tärr / Cornelius F. Van Stafrin III Split 12″ * oms-b Records
33.) Wild Thing * Senator Bobby & The Hardly-Worthit Players Featuring Bill Minkin * Wild Thing 7″ * Parkway Records
* 34.) Fish Dance * John Lurie * Fishing With John
35.) Hurricane * Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 * Admonishing The Bishops * Matador Records
* 36.) Talk Show * Austin Rich * Senior Citizens * 27 March 2006
* 37.) L’Agonie * Jacky Chalard * Je Sus Vivant, Mais J’ai Peur De Gilbert Deflez * Finders Keepers Records
38.) O-Type Part Two * MX-80 Sound * O-Type: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 7″ * Ralph Records
Part VI: The End of The World
39.) This Is Side Two! * Monty Python * The Album Of The Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail * Charisma / Arista Records
40.) Voodoo Suite [Excerpt Part I] * Pérez Prado * Voodoo Suite
41.) Bright College Days * Tom Lehrer * An Evening Wasted with Tom Lehrer
42.) How Much Is That Doggy In The Window? * Patti Page
43.) Beep Beep * The Playmates
44.) Voodoo Suite [Excerpt Part II] * Pérez Prado * Voodoo Suite
45.) The End Of The World * Beyond The Fringe
** 46.) Coffee * Austin Rich * Senior Citizens * 27 March 2006